Happy weekend :)… Hope you and your awesome family are being blessed continuously in this October month. School half term is coming yay! So a chance to relax a little before we race to end of term and end of year by God’s Grace.
Ok, so this is a recipe I made sometime ago but forgot to post here. I did promise some readers that I would post it, so here it is :).
This vegetable pasta is a simple tasty family delicacy… makes a slight change from the regular spaghetti. To make this tasty pasta, you need…
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
Raw mixed vegetables (consisting of carrots, sweetcorn, green beans broccoli, cauliflower) or suitable vegetable mix in your home
1 Red bell pepper (sliced)
Olive oil (or other suitable oils like rapeseed oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil etc)
½ medium size onion (chopped or blended)
1 scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
Left over roast smoked turkey :)… You could use roast chicken, beef, fish, seafood (as long as your kids are not allergic
Herbs, Spices and Seasoning (HSS): 1 clove garlic (grated), small chopped ginger (grated), 1 sprig thyme chopped, curry powder-mild or medium (1 tsp), black pepper (dash), white pepper (dash), ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. oregano, few chopped fresh parsley (alternatively ½ tsp parsley) 2 bay leaves, chicken stock, 1 knorr cube, and salt to taste.
- Add your pasta in a pot and fill with cold water so that it covers the surface.
- Drizzle a little olive oil, 2 bay leaves. crushed knorr cube, dash of salt
- Bring to boil until almost cooked. Take off heat and drain off any liquid in a colander. Leave to a side
Tip: The purpose of drizzling olive oil is to give the “gloss” to the pasta and the non sticky effect after cooking. I share this tip regularly with mums in the yummy mummies food club Facebook group and chats with mums
To finish up the vegetable pasta…..
- In a bowl, add the mixed vegetables and season with grated ginger, grated garlic, onions, drizzle very little olive oil, 1 sprig thyme (chopped), black pepper (dash), white pepper (dash), ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. oregano, few chopped fresh parsley (alternatively ½ tsp parsley). Put to a side..
- Heat up a pan with 1 cooking spoon olive oil.
- Add the seasoned mixed vegetables and sauté for about 5-7mins. Add little liquid chicken stock, sliced red bell pepper and curry powder (mild or medium).
- Finally, add the almost cooked pasta to soak up the flavours.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil if dry or add more liquid chicken stock. At this point, you could add ½ of a whole scotch bonnet if you want more heat! Remember to take it out before serving especially for the children as we don’t want it too hot (this is optional).
- Mix properly and simmer for about 5-10mins.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and its ready!
And for the children?
Tasty, simple, quick- yummilicious!
Happy spicing and happy cooking 🙂
I had previously shared another pasta recipe method which you can check here
Make good use of your herbs, spices and seasonings in your cooking. It makes a huge different to flavours in food. If you need help with applying herbs properly and to the right kinds of food, then you can get a copy of the 23 HSS ebook
Please post your comments and share your family food journeys.
“Keep making it happen”
Blessings and Love
Tracey x x x