So our lovely families in the U.S celebrated Thanksgiving…. and what a way to end with the great bargains on black Friday sales :). I did try to avoid the excitement and managed to stick to my original plan to purchase just one item for the household! Yes, before you ask, it was a kitchen gadget lol.
I had my eyes on the NutriBullet for a little while so seized the opportunity…I love my juicing as some of my lovely readers know… I try to post different short videos on social media using my phone to encourage us to keep juicing and making those fruit smoothies.
I got some new fruit and vegetable combinations I am hoping to try out… If this is your first time visiting the site, you can sign up to the community and get a free meal planner which you can adapt to suit your family needs 🙂
Ok so if you have been following or for the benefit of new readers, I hosted an online webinar on Nov 06, 2015 for mums and ladies :)- “Creative Family Cooking and Tips for Fussy eating Children”.
Those who registered got a recording of the webinar which was sent to them via email but I also received some enquiries afterwards from mums who wanted to register, forgot and so missed out on the useful tips which they would have benefitted from the webinar. As we are in the season of thanksgiving and appreciation….I thought to use this platform to give out some tips I shared with the mums online…
Did You Know that CREATIVE COOKING…..
- Reduces food boredom
- Increases the family nutrients intake
- Reduces waste! Very important as increased food waste is becoming a major problem
- Saves money- Yes! If we can reduce food waste and be more creative with what is in our food cupboards/ fridges 🙂
- IS FUN! If not, why are you thinking of being creative in the first instance? 🙂
Few tips to help Creativity in the kitchen
- Make a list of your favourite family foods
- Make the same food in a different way with a variety of different vegetables or garnishes for example….
pasta and stew to…..pasta and stew with unsmoked bacon and spinach.
- Use KISS – KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE- Especially for the children when trying to introduce a new vegetables combination- try to keep it to two veggie combinations at a time in small portions…
- Spice Up Your Cooking- verrrrry important. Use herbs, spices and seasonings as they help to introduce new flavours that your family will be sure to enjoy! If you are up for a little adventure but don’t know how and where to start? You can get a copy of the 23 Herbs, Spices and Seasoning Ebook written just for you
- Think colour – It will make food for your family look more appealing to the eyes 🙂
I hope some of these pointers will help mums and families to be more creative.. #eatwell #livewell.
Until next post and as Christmas draws near….
Remember… “Keep making it happen”
Blessings and Love
Tracey x x x