HAPPY NEW YEAR! A few days have gone past already??
Yes it was a good break and new back to reality lol…
Ok so I received some requests from some mums in the Yummy Mummies Food Club Facebook group to post the coconut vermicelli dish I made for the family using the festive season left over roasted chicken…I was thinking of posting over the weekend, however one of the lovely ladies in the What’s cooking Facebook Group I am also a member of was on my case lol- I had promised to post the recipe so here it….going straight to the point 🙂
Pack of vermicelli
Roasted / diced chicken (you can use beef, turkey , lamb, prawns….)
Chopped mixed bell peppers (Yellow, Green, Red peppers)
Mixed frozen vegetables of Broccoli, Carrots, Peas, Cauliflower- (You can add sweet corn too…children love it :))
Fine diced onions- (You can also blend the onions if preferred)
Herbs, Spices and Seasoning (HSS): 1 clove garlic (grated), small chopped ginger (grated), 1 sprig thyme chopped, curry powder-mild or medium (1 tsp), black pepper (dash), white pepper (dash), 1 scotch bonnet cut in two halves, ½ tsp. oregano, few chopped fresh parsley (alternatively ½ tsp parsley), 2 bay leaves, fresh basil, 1 knorr cube, and sea salt to taste.
- Crush the vermicelli into smaller pieces then place in a pot.
- Add boiling water, little coconut oil, 1 bay leaf to infuse and leave to stand for about 3 minutes, then drain off water. This will quickly make the vermicelli fairly cooked and ready for stir fry- Use a fork to separate the vermicelli
- In a heated wok, add 2 tbsp. coconut oil, followed, ginger and garlic. Stir, then add the frozen mixed peppers and diced left over seasoned chicken. Sauté for at least 5-7 minutes, then add the vermicelli
- Add the remaining HSS, remaining bay leaf and scotch bonnet. Now depending on how hot you want it, you may just want to use one half of the scotch bonnet pepper
- You will find that the vermicelli soaks up the little coconut oil, so add some more coconut oil and little cold water.
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 10minutes whilst tasting for seasoning as desired
Yummy-licious in approx. 30mins and ready to serve #glossy #colourful #flavourful #quick
Some weeks ago I had made some for the children a part of Kids-tastic Tuesdays feature on Facebook…. I used sweetcorn and peas here
Thanks for always reading and commenting…. please let me know how you get on with the recipes and don’t forget to share with a mum who may this recipe…. until next post…
“Keep Making It Happen”
Blessings and Love
Tracey x x x